Introduction in Erbil
4 December 2012
From 18 to 22 November 2012, Introduction to Electoral Administration workshop took placed in Iraq – Erbil , in Arabic language, the event hosted by IFES. Twenty five staff members of Independent High Electoral Commission of Iraq (IHEC) participate. Through the five days participants explored and discussed subjects of the BRIDGE introduction module. The Workshop brought together one member staff from all Iraqi Governorates. The workshop was organized to reinforce and support IHEC-staff electoral knowledge.
Through The five days workshop focus on the international standards and principles of democratic governance and credible electoral assistance.
Day1 focus on Bridge project, standards, day 2.3 on electoral systems. Day 4 on EMB and Day 5 planning.
Also the workshop offers an opportunity to the newly semi-accredited facilitators who recently attended TtF in Iraq , Erbil .
Participant feedback and evaluation reveal that the workshop managed two key objectives – improving and enhance electoral knowledge and building network between IHEC GEOs.
BRIDGE facilitators participated in the preparation and delivery of this workshop
1. Handren M. Salih (BRIDGE Accrediting facilitator)
2. Mazin Abdul Rizza( BRIDGE Workshop facilitator)
3. Mariwan Arif (BRIDGE Workshop facilitator)
4. Bilal Mleek (BRIDGE Workshop facilitator)
5. Serbast Mustafa (BRIDGE Semi- accredited facilitator)
6. Saad Alabdaly (BRIDGE Semi- accredited facilitator)