Introduction to Election Administration in Sudan
10 July 2013
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the European Centre for Electoral Support (ECES) have organized two BRIDGE “Introduction to Election Administration” workshops. These workshops are part of the EU funded project: “implementing a BRIDGE strategy and training on leadership and conflict management skills for electoral administration (LEAD) in Sudan”. The first workshop took place from June 9 to 13, 2013 and the second one was from June 16 to 20, 2013. Both workshops were held in Khartoum, Sudan. Participants came from different departments of the Sudan’s NEC covering most of Sudan’s states.
Four BRIDGE facilitators participated in the preparation and delivery of the first workshop:
1. Ossama Kamel (Independent BRIDGE expert facilitator)
2. Sawsan Al Taweel (Independent BRIDGE workshop facilitator)
3. Mohamed Jaweesh (NEC BRIDGE workshop facilitator)
4. Shireen Hemedan (NEC BRIDGE semi- accredited facilitator)
Four BRIDGE facilitators participated in the second workshop as well:
- Ossama Kamel (Independent BRIDGE expert facilitator)
6. Sawsan Al Taweel (Independent BRIDGE workshop facilitator)
7. Mohamed Jaweesh (NEC BRIDGE workshop facilitator)
8. Suaad El Haj Hammad (NEC BRIDGE semi- accredited facilitator)
In their daily and final evaluations, participants appreciated the interactive methodology of BRIDGE as well as the rich electoral content especially the international comparative experience and case studies.